Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Are you Smart?

I have decided that I am dumber than a rock! Why is it that after going through 13 yrs of school I still feel like I know absolutely NOTHING! Austin is in 6th grade and brings home homework that can run circles around me!! Seriously I thought that I was pretty smart..or atleast smarter than my 6th grader! Let's talk about verbs, adverbs, nouns, and adjectives. What word describes or blah blah blah! HELP!! Now lets turn to math....I used to be able to figure out fractions or X - Y +3 = 21....Yeah not so much anymore! Add, subtract, multiply or divide thats all there is anymore in this brain of mine! Let's not talk about social studies...I didn't grow up in Idaho and for that matter Utah has more counties and cities I don't even remember learning in grade school. Science? What's that? If science says it exploded....ok lets face it I have boys, if they want it to explode it WILL! Who remembers the layers of rock or dirt or sea level? Fish are fish...Rocks are Rocks....clouds are clouds....water is water...animals are animals....plants are plants. Did you know that there are more dinosaurs now then there were when I was little?

9 comments:

The Inflatable Couch said...

Jennie you are not dumb, you are smart. It is a true fact that if you don't use it you loose it. I took multiple semesters of calculus, chemistry, and physics only 2 years ago. I picked up one of my books the other day and it seriously looked like it was Greek I had absolutly no idea what they were talking about. Given a few hours of reading some may have come back to me but honestly you can't expect to retain everything. Don't beat yourself up Jennie. You got it where it counts your a good mom !!!

Jill said...

I didn't know there were more dinosaurs now.

You got one up on me!

Unknown said...

Well my awesome friend..... all I can say is just wait till that 6th grader turns into a 7th grader! SCARY! I may have to go back to school just to help my kids with their homework. wait acutally we should start a 'parents club' where we can call each other and ask for extra help with homework! what do you think?

trishcook said...

You are not dumb!!! Seriously, I wonder sometimes why we need to learns stuff like that...it's not like we use it on a daily basis!! I get the learning how to communicate effectively and intelligently, but really adverbs, adjectives...AND don't even get me started on Math. The curse of all curses!! Just think, by the time your 3 kids are in college you'll have graduated from High School 4 times :) Love ya!

melissa said...

Don't feel bad. I can't even balance my check book.

Really.

bernie said...

Oh Jennie, it only gets worse. Wait until Junior and Senior High School!

Cathy said...

Wow! I know I'm not smart,so this really scares me. I like Mindi's idea for the Parents Club. I will really need the help!!!

Jodi said...

I've told you before that Maggie can already out debate us and she's only 6. I'm just not sure how we'll even deal with the homework thing, I guess I can come to you for help because by then, you'll be a pro!!

Fayone said...

Jennie,
Just wait until High School. I told Steve that I would do all the elementary stuff and I helped a lot in junior high, but Steve would have to do the high school stuff. In fact, Steve and Cameron are working at the table on Geometry. I had that way toooooo many years ago to even think that way. I wonder how I ever was able to learn anything. I don't have any brain cells left.
Nonie