Monday, January 11, 2010

My first Recipe!


As most of you know (especially Mindy) I am
not the best or most creative cook! Especially
when it comes to cooking things that take
more than 20 min and take more than 5 ingredients!
So I have made a new resolution to try
harder to be a better cook!
(don't know how long this will last)
My mom made the yummiest Rice Pudding
and last night I was caving it!
So I stood by the hot stove and stirred and stirred
and stirred some more!

So here you go!

Yummy Rice Pudding

3/4 cup uncooked rice
4 c. milk
1 tsp. salt
Cook for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours
1/2 sugar
1 tsp almond extract (or to taste)
Let cool

1 8oz tub cool whip

Mix together and top with Raspberries
(I used frozen or raspberry jam heated up)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You have done me so proud!!! I am so impressed! Good job on your first food blog, trust me you won't be able to stop now.

Cathy said...

It looks YUMMY! My grandma always would make it for us, I have never tried to make it. So thanks!

Hey, how about that dip receipe, that was great!

Jodi said...

Looks great - good job!

Unknown said...

OH WOW! I am going to have to try it. Sounds yummy.

melissa said...

This isn't your first recipe! you shared Idaho Nachos.

Peggy said...

Thanks for sharing! We'll have to give it a whirl.

The Inflatable Couch said...

something else that can make me gain weight of course........ Way to go Jennie

June said...

Jenny, Thanks for the recipe. I haven't had this for a while,. Not since Jerry made it in Beaver, years ago. I think I'll make it this weekend. Love ya.