Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hiccup!

I know most of us have gone through life
thinking everything is under control and that life
is good. Then all of the sudden there are these little hiccups.
I say little hiccups but sometimes there are BIG
hiccups too. Well for the last 2 years we've had
several hiccups in our family, some good and some sad!
My biggest hiccup was my mom dying.
We as girls tell our moms everything...the good, the bad,
the happy, and the sad. That's what mom's are for!
Then they tell us that its all going to work
out. She'll love you and make it all better.
Well we've had several small hiccups since then.
Todd's dad has had ups and downs, kids get
hurt or are sicker than normal etc.
Well about 3 months ago we had another
big hiccup...We are going to have a baby.
Now I know what you are all thinking....How old is Samantha?
Well she's going to be 8 in April. This has been
extremely hard for me and this is why
nobody is finding out until now. I have had
a hard time telling anyone because like I said
earlier we girls tell our moms everything,
and she wasn't here for me to tell. I know that
my mom has been in Heaven holding this child
and preparing him or her to come here. I also
know that she has been helping me deal with this
in her own little way. Jeffery came up to me
about a month ago after we had told the kids
and he gave me a big hug and said
"Mom I love you" and I said "I love you too Jeff"
he then said "and I will love the baby too and
you will love the baby too!" I said "yes Jeff I will
love the baby too." So I asked him what if its a girl..
He said "I will love her....but only til she grows up"!

So I guess I get to put everyone under the same
pact that my family has been under for the last
month and a half! We aren't telling anyone about this! :)

17 comments:

Kimberly said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! How far along are you?!!? It will be so awesome! You have your 3 older kids that can totally love, play and take care of baby!! I think it's wonderful! How are you feeling???

bernie said...

Congrats!! I am so thrilled for you and your family. I so totally agree with you regarding your mother. She has been holding this baby. She has been whispering in its ear telling them what a good family they are going to. She has been preparing the baby to love you and to keep reminding you that your mother loves you and that she is with you every step of the way. This baby is a gift from our Heavenly Father and you are so lucky that your mother has gotten to know your child so well before it came through the veil to you. Again, congrats and your secret is NOT safe in my family! My girls told me about it!!

Cameron said...

Congrats Jennie! I am so excited for you. Somehow I felt that you were not done yet. Children are the biggest most wonderful blessing any of us can receive!

Peggy said...

That is wonderful news! Congratulations!

Cathy said...

Jennie, we are so happy for you and your family. I know you have missed your mom, just think of her helping your new child get ready to come to earth. Hang in there, we love you guys!!! Congratulations!!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness!!! totally unexpected but so much fun! I am so happy for you! Hope you are feeling well!

Amy said...

Oh Jennie, Why did you make me cry? What a beautiful post. Yes, life is full of hiccups. But, I am very happy for you. I can only imagine the wonderful time your baby is having with your mom as she prepares her (or him... I'm guessing her!) to come to earth and be with your beautiful family. Congrats! You're still a young mama!

Goodwin Family said...

Congrats Jennie! I'm excited for you!

Chris and Erin said...

Congragulations. Surprises always seem to be the hiccups in life. Six months after my dad died I found out I was pregnant. It really does make you consider the realtionship your baby had with your parent huh. Things will work out, hope you are not feeling to bad.

Barbara said...

I know you are worried about the age difference but it's actually really nice to have helpers! Sam will be like a secound mom. What a sweet gift from your mom! Congrats!

melissa said...

Oh wow! Congrats! Sometimes the un-expected things in life are the best things in life!

Now....give us some details, girl!

June said...

Oh Jenny, what a surprise. Life is full of those. When is this new baby scheduled to arrive? I hope your feeling good and everything will be great. I'm so excited for you family. I'll bet Todd is thrilled. Love ya.

Robyn "Granma" Curtis said...

Jennie and family congratulations! This is such great news. I'm so excited for you. It's about time someone else had a baby in the family besides my kids! I'm with Amy I think it's a girl. You and Ashley must be due about the same time Sept.6th. I really think this baby will be the best thing that could happen to such a great family, you are really blessed and loved!

Jodi said...

I like the idea of your mom holding and preparing this little one for you. Congrats again!

Selena Sorensen Guthrie said...

Yahoo!!! I'm so Excited for you guys!! What a Blessing to have your Mom be with your little one!! It's going to be Exciting to see what the baby Learns from your Mom!!:p

Kim said...

Congrats! Blessings come at odd times, but are still blessings. My little brother is 8 years younger than me and it worked out just fine in our family! You'll love having a little baby again (speaking from my own current circumstances) -- you forget how sweet they are to have in your home! Congrats again!

JanuskieZ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.