Sunday, September 14, 2008

Did you Say AMBULANCE??

Have you ever sent on of your children and your
husband to one of their football, soccer,
baseball or basketball games and thought to
yourself " I hope I don't get one of those phone
calls telling me they are on their way to
the hospital in an ambulance!"?
Well.....Saturday I got that call!
I was at work and my phone seriously would
not stop ringing, and I was with someone and
so I ask one of my coworkers to answer my phone,
all she says to my is "He REALLY needs to talk to you!"
He says to me "I'm following the ambulance to the hospital!"
of course you know what my first thought was...
"How bad is it?" and "In an AMBULANCE!"?
Austin had been running backwards and was tackled so hard
that the back of his helmet (which didn't have any padding)
dug into the backof his neck! The Docs were have a
tough time getting a good xray that they had to cut
his uniform off and take his padding off.
I have no idea how the got his helmet off but they did!
To make a long story shorter...Austin is doing fine, he has some
internal bruises on his neck and some whip lash! He even has
his own neck brace! He wasn't even scared to ride in the
ambulance without a parent! What a brave little man!
I guess that's what I get for always telling him to..
"Take it like a man!"



P.S. They did win the game!

Go REDSKINS!

7 comments:

trishcook said...

Welcome to the world of being the mom of two very athletic and daring sons!! Glad Austin is doing ok, other than being sore!! We love you all!
Aunt Tricia

Unknown said...

Wow hon! I worry about my boys playing football and receivinng that same phone call. So happy everything turned out for you and Austin!

Peggy said...

Oh my goodness! What a scary phone call. Glad that he is doing okay, though. And he'll probably have a great time telling his experience to his friends!

melissa said...

Wow. Not a fun call to get. Glad he is doing okay.

Maybe you should switch to basketball...

Jill said...

cross stitching...maybe he should try cross stithing.

Misty said...

Wow, that is not a great call to get!! I am glad he is alright.

Whit said...

poor kid...so when are you guys going to Disney Land?