Monday, June 28, 2010

O dear.

So we have been talking about baby names for a couple of months now and Jeff just cannot come to terms with the name Mackenzie or Mckenzie. You know how when you are in school with someone or you've worked with someone or you went to church with someone or you lived in the same neighborhood with someone who just irritates you or is mean or just plain annoying and you hear that persons name and you just don't like that name anymore?? Well apparently sometime somewhere in our little town of 600 people, someone with the name Mckenzie (however you want to spell it) has ANNOYED my Jeff!!! So we asked him what name he likes.....His response.....ANYTHING BUT MCKENZIE. At first I was just kept saying "oh you'll get used to it and it won't really matter anymore". But the more I think back (way back) to when I was in school and the girls and boys who were mean or annoying to me and I STILL can't stand their names. I know Im an adult now and I should get over it. But I do know how Jeff feels.. so we are on the name hunt again. Im not saying Mckenzie is out yet but hey who says we can't change our minds?!

Having said ALL that the name Peyton had entered our minds. So far there hasn't been any disagreement from any of our kids (whew)! And luckily there isn't anyone in Downey or on either side of our families with that name...Please correct me if i'm wrong but I don't recall any cousins naming their girls that!!!

Opinions please! Name suggestions...are always welcome!

12 comments:

Peggy said...

I like Peyton too. Or how about Kenzie?

Jodi said...

Peyton is cute too and doesn't seem to be very common. Good luck!!

melissa said...

We have a neice spelled Paityn. And my friend has a boy name Payton.

I like it.

what about Kelsey?

Oh How I'd love to name a girl!! Have fun.

L and T said...

Peyton - very cute
Go for it
It sounds good with Wilding

Barbara said...

I love it! It was in the running when we had Bryn

Unknown said...

you are so funny, and you know the clock is ticking!!! but I have to say I like them both. but peyton is hard to shorten. and I am all about the nickname, you have to be able to shorten the name.

Kate said...

Payton is cuter as a boy name but its cute for a girl too I guess! It was very uncommon when we named him but now we see it everywhere (there are 4 at my son's elementary school, 2 boys and 2 girls). Your friend is right, it can't be shortened very easily. You just have to come up with another nickname.

Peggy said...

My friend had a daughter named Peyton and they called her Peytie for short. I thought it was cute.

Jill said...

I have a cousin with a girl named Peyton. I think it's darling!

Chelsea said...

We're also on a name hunt right now. Peyton sounds cute. We are talking about Eve or Esther right now with a middle name of Karoline. Good luck with your choice. If all else fails wait til you meet the child and you'll know.

DeAnna said...

I am giving you permission to use my girl name (since I have all boys), but Grandma Wilding thinks it is funny, but Janet really liked it.

Kim said...

How about Mckenli, Kenli for short? It's similar to Mckenzie. A girl I went to high school with named her little girl that.