Tuesday, April 7, 2009

One Year

I can't believe that it has been a year. Mom would be outside right now cutting her tulips or daffodils, she would be wanting to go for walks around the neighborhood, and she would be itching to take pictures of the pretty spring flowers. I remember when Sam was one and mom was taking her around the yard and placing her in the flowers just to practice taking pictures! Right about now she would be planning a fishing trip for dad just so she could take pictures in the mountains. Mom would be planning a trip to Beaver to help Grandma with her yard work or to work in the wood shop! I often wonder what in the world she could possibly be doing up there without a camera!! I wonder sometimes if she is up there organizing her family!! I love her and miss her so much. I know that she has a job to do but I often wonder why her job here was done! I still need her! I know what your all going to say "She is still here"! But it's not the same! I can't ask her how do you do this or what is that recipe that you've never written down or how do you make this or that!I still had a lot of things to learn from her about being a mom.
I have so many questions and no answers!
I miss her and I love her so much!

8 comments:

Peggy said...

I can't believe it has been a year either. And I'm sure she is enjoying the daffodils. Love to you.

Chris and Erin said...

I totally know what you mean. Knowledge of the here after is what ultimately matters but it does nothing for how do you fix this, what to do with this child, etc.

Amy said...

Hard to believe it's been a year. I love reading your blog. Your words are so real and honest. I wish I had the answers for you! We are thinking of you and your family.

melissa said...

Thinking of you today.

DeAnna said...

Sending you my love.

Robyn "Granma" Curtis said...

sometimes life just isn't fair! We are thinking of you and the family.

Jodi said...

I wish I knew what to say! You've been in my thoughts and prayers.

Fayone said...

We all miss her. I wish she hadn't been called home. Cherish the moments you had and keep them in your heart. Remember everything you can about her.

We love you.