Thursday, March 19, 2009

6 years old and SMART!

When I was 6 I was reading small easy books
and doing cut and paste projects.
Holy Cow these kids are smart!
Computers, books with a hundred pages,
math, writing stories, and more Computers!
The kids love to play on my computer and
it's amazing how they can surf the web!
Samantha loves to go to DisneyFairies.com
and the boys are into legos.com and the starwars site.

Sometimes I think that we are more worried about
how smart our kids are that we forget about
feeding there imaginations. I love that my kids
visit the these web pages because it helps there
imaginations but I also make sure that my
kids spend time outside running and playing!
There are days when we have a full blown war
going on in our backyard with crawling
army men or a good ol' game of football
or just jumping on the tramp!
We love to ride our bikes as a family!


4 comments:

Jordyn Eckersley said...

i know its amazing how smart kids are these days. i know im kinda young myself, but my sister still blows me away when she can show me shomething on the computer or some other technical gadget. and i am jealous that you guys do stuff as a family. i cant really remember any stuff like that as a kid. i wish my family was happier and did more things together. im thinkin about sending them invitations to a saturday night party at my house with the wii and the firepit. :-) do you think they would go for it??? lol. it could be fun, provided my mom and dad would participate and not be party poopers. well anyways, your such a good mom! okay, well i'll see you soon.

Jodi said...

Dan and I are convinced our kids will surpase our intelligence in a few short years. It HAS been so nice to be able to get outside and play together with this nice weather we are having! Indoor games are dangerous, I have a huge bruise from a rowdy game of duck, duck, goose!

Barbara said...

Jennie,
Hi I found your blog on my sister-in-laws blog. It has been fun to look at and your kids have gotten so big! You have a beautiful family.
I feel so bad, I didn't even know that your Mom had passed away. She was an awesome lady!
Looks like you are doing great up there in Idaho!
Barbara Jepsen

Kim said...

I was just letting you know I use photoshop a lot and that's where I edit all my pictures. The one from St. Patricks day had a few different layers. It's hard to explain but everything was done in photoshop.